Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bake
by Suzanne Ryan - Simply Keto
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 clove cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8 inch deep-dish pie dish or baking dish with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until evenly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the sausage evenly on the bottom of the prepared dish and top with the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.