Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Orange Butter
- 6 small sweet potatoes choose potatoes about the same size so they cook in the same amount of time
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature 1 stick
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipolte pepper (in adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Pierce the potatoes in several places with a sharp knife to prevent them from exploding in the oven. Place the potatoes in the prepared sheet pan and roast for one hour, until they are very tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, maple syrup, chipolte pepper, adobo sauce, orange zest, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper on a medium speed until well mixed. Cut into 12 x 8 inch piece of parchment paper and place it on a board with the 12-inch edge near you. With a rubber spatula, transfer the butter to the parchment paper, forming a strip along the edge. Using the parchment paper, roll the butter up and away from you into a log. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut a slit in the top of each potato and squeeze he ends together to open the potatoes. Sprinkle them with salt and black pepper. Cut the chipolte butter in 12 pieces and place 2 pieces in the opening of each potato. Serve hot
Make Ahead: Prepare the chipolte butter and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bake the potatoes before serving.