Penne with Five Cheeses
- kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Crushed tomatoes in thick tomato puree optional ( my kids like it without this)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano 1 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded imported italian fontina 1 1/2 ounces
- 1/4 cup crumbled Italian Gorgonzola
- 2 Tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella grated or sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- Preheat Oven to 500 degrees. Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot. Combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix Well.
- Drop the penne into boiling water and parboil for 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes (1 1/2 - to 2 cup capacity). Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7-10 minutes.