Oriental Cole Slaw
Potluck - Recipes from the great Dayton's, Hudson's and Marshall Field's cookoff.
- 1/2 head shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 3oz package chicken flavored ramen noodle soup mix or Chow Mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 package chicken flavor packet from the soup mix
- Place cabbage and onions in plastic bag until ready to use. In a small bowl, combine all salad dressing ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, in a large bowl, toss cabbage and onions with other salad ingredients and dressing.