Molten chocolate cakes with sugar-coated raspberries
decadent, oozy individual flourless cakes
- 16 Tablespoons unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate, cut into small chunks
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus a little more for coating raspberries
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 half pint raspberries 6 ounces
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line 8 cups of a regular size muffin tin with extra large paper liners. (I usually end up with 10 - 12). The liners should extend above the cups to facilitate removal (if papers are foil-lined, remove the foil layer). Coat the papers with vegetable spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth; remove from heat.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer until sugar dissolves. Beat the chocolate and flour into the egg mixture.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups. Bake until batter puffs but centers are not set, 8 - 10 minutes. Let stand in tin for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, flick raspberries with a little water and roll in sugar to coat.
- Carefully lift cakes from tin and transfer to dessert plates, removing paper liners. Top each cake with sugared berries and serve.