Grilled Peach BBQ Pork Chops
Every Day Dinners
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 peaches halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup Peach BBQ sauce
Beach BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups peeled and chopped fresh peaches about 2 large
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup water or beer prefer a light ale for this recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To make the brine, combine 6 cups of water with the Kosher salt in a large bowl., stirring together until the salt dissolves. You can also heat the mixture to dissolve the salt and let it cool completely. Place the pork chops in a baking dish and pour the brine over them. I brine mine for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to the highest setting and let it heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat them dry completely with paper towels. Sprinkle them with the pepper and garlic powder.
- Once the rill is hot, add the pork chops and cook for 6 minutes. You can also add the peaches at this time if you'd like - they only need about 5 minutes total on the grill. Flip the chops, and brush the top with the BBQ sauce. cook for 6 minutes more. Flip again and brush the other side with the sauce. Continue to grill about 8-10 minutes more, flipping every few minutes and brushing with the sauce, until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Let rest for a few minutes before serving with more of the sauce.
Peach BBQ Sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the chopped peaches, ketchup, water or beer, honey, garlic, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, smoked paprika, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until peaches begin to soften. cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more, continuing to stir as it cooks.