Green Beans With Mustard Sauce
this is an amazing recipe someone made for my family at a dinner party 15 years ago. I asked for the recipe and have been making it ever since. It is a 1994 5-star classic from epicurious.com
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3-4 teaspoons water
- 1 1/4 lbs green beans trimmed
The Mustard Sauce:
- In a bowl whisk together mustrd, sugar, and vinegar until sugar is dissolved and whisk in oil until sauce is emulsified. Whisk in water to thin the sauce to the desired constency. Sauce may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled. Serve sauce at toom temperature. Makes 1 1/2 cups
The Green Beans
- In a large saucepan of boiling slted water cook beans until-crisp-tender, about 6 minutes and drain well.
- Serve green beans with the Mustard Sauce.