Greek Chickpea Salad
Skinnytaste Mealt Prep
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 1/3 cups diced tomatoes
- 20 pitted Kalamata or Gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces fresh feta cheese, cut into 4 thick slices
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
PREPARE THE SALAD:
- In each of four - 4 cup containers or bowls, arrange 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 bell pepper. 1/3 cup tomatoes, 5 olives, and 1 tablespoon red onion. Top each with 1 ounce of feta.
PREPARE THE DRESSING
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing on the salad.