Chopped BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
by Alexis Kornblum Davidson - Lexi's Clean Kitchen
FOR THE BBQ CHICKEN
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 cup Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE CREAMY HONEY MUSTARD
- 2 tablespoons mayo homemade or bought
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
FOR THE SALAD
- 6 to 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 4 strips bacon cooked until crispy and crumbly
- 4 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 avacado sliced or diced
- 1 cup carmelized onions
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a glass dish or bowl or a resealable plastic bag, toss the chicken in BBQ sauce. Let marinate at room temperature 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. when pot is hot, place the chicken in the pan and cook about 4 minutes in each side depending on the thickness, until the center is cooked through and no pink remains in the center. Let rest for 3 minutes and cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the creamy honey mustard.
- Arrange the salad: Divide the lettuce between two plates. Top with BBQ chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, avocado, caramelized onions and cheddar cheese. Serve immediately, drizzled with the honey mustard.
This salad comes together very quickly when you have several of the ingredients precooked; the bacon, eggs and caramelized onions can all be made a day ahead. What's more the chicken can be placed in the marinade the day before you make the salad.