Chipolte Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 ears fresh corn , husks removed
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts 1 pound
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups chopped Romain lettuce about 16 ounces
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red onion about 1/3 cup
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Chipotle dressing
- 2/3 cup light sour cream (plain yogurt can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipolte pepper in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat a grill to medium-high (about 450 degrees) Coat a cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on the grill. Place the corn on the cooking grate, and grill covered, 12 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes until done. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper (I used fajita seasoning). Grill the chicken, covered, 5 minutes on each side or until done.,
- Cut the kernels from the cobs. Discard the cobs. Chop the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and black beans on a large serving platter. Top with the grilled corn and chicken. drizzle with the desired amount of Chipotle Dressing.
- Mix together the sour cream, chipotle peppers, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, and salt in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake vigorously to blend. Makes about 3/4 cup.