- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind if you have it
- 2 14 ounce cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 14 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- Saved Parmesan, for topping
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-low heat and add the olive oil.
- Add in the onion and garlic with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and stir. Cook until the onion is translucent, about -6 minutes.
- Add in he carrots and squash, cooking for 5 minutes more. Drizzle in the maple syrup.