Bittersweet Chocolate Fondue
Fondue by Bob and Coleen Simmons
- fondue pot
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons framboise, kirsch, or cognac
- pinch kosher salt
Accompaniment of your choice - ideas include:
- dried fruit such as pears, peaches and mangos
- pound cake
- In a small fondue pot over very low heat, or in a double boiler over simmering water, combine the chocolate and cream and cook, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has completely melted. Add the framboise, and salt and stir to combine.
- Before serving, make sure the heat source under the fondue pot is set to very low just to keep the chocolate warm. Or, if making in a double boiler, transfer the warm chocolate mixture to a flameproof serving dish or set on a raised trivet over tea lights. Serve right away with fondue forks and the accompaniments for dipping.