Baked Feta with Honey and Black Pepper
Eat What you Want - Gaby Dalkin
- 1 8 oz slab of Greek feta blotted dry
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- freshly cracked pepper
- fresh thyme leaves
- toasted crostini
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place the feta in a small baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the top. Bake until the cheese it soft and springy to the touch but not all melted, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the feta from the oven and preheat the broiler. Drizzle the honey over he top and sides of the feta, and then broil until the top of the cheese browns and just starts to bubble, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, season with plenty of freshly cracked black pepper, and garnish with thyme. Transfer the feta to a serving dish and serve immediately with crostini.
I like to make this in a small cast iron skillet for presentation and it keeps warm longer.