Baby Potato Salad with Bacon and Simple Lemon-Herb Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon - grated zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 2-3 lemons
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 talespoon brown sugar or honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 lbs baby Yukon Gold potatoes You can substitute any other type of potato
- Kosher salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced white and green parts only
- 3 cups arugula
Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, basil, dill and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Make the Salad:
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a low boil and cook until the potatoes are tender but not overdone.They are ready when they can be easily pierced with a fork 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half or quarters, depending on their size. Place in a large bowl and add the bacon, tomatoes, scallions, and arugula.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently stir to combine. Let the salad sit for at least 10 minutes before serving to absorb the dressing. Serve at room temperature or cold.