Autumn Sheet Pan Sausages with Apples and Harvest Vegetables
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard plus additional for dipping the sausages
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium sweet-crisp apple, such as Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp, peel-on, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 12 ounces precooked apple chicken or apple turkey sausages, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick coins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. For easy clean up, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and onion in the center of the baking sheet. In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the garlic, mustard, oil, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over the vegetables into an even layer. They will overlap somewhat.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Add the apple and sausage to the pan, then with a large spoon, stir to combine with the vegetables and mustard mixture, intermixing the pieces with the vegetables. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 additional minutes, until the vegetables are tender and caramelized and the sausage is lightly browned, stirring once halfway through. Sprinkle fresh thyme over the top. Serve hot, with extra mustard for dipping.