- 4- 6 medium tart cooking apples
- 2/3-3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of and 8 x 8 x 2 inch square pan. Slice apples and arrange in pan. Mix brown sugar, flour, oats, butter , cinnamon and nutmeg. sprinkle over apples. Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
- For Blueberry crisp substitute 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries for the apples.